Pages

Monday, 2 July 2012

My First Erotic Reads



It's Naughty Question Time! The makers of Mischief asked several of us who write erotica what our first erotic reads were and how they affected our own writing.




The first erotic writing I encountered were the little hints of BDSM in mainstream romance novels. I never actually read the books but I had a friend who pointed out several juicy scenes for me. There were also scenes in the books of Eric van Lustbader of women being dominated by strong men. Heady stuff to an impressionable subby teen girl! Blush, blush...  don't know whether it really affected my own writing or not, although I'd certainly love to capture the slightly surreal and spooky psychological atmosphere at the end of Story of O.

The other writers had some interesting answers too.

No comments:

Post a Comment